How to Ride
Welcome aboard! We are your local fixed route bus service in the Lewis Clark Valley.
When you board the bus be sure to communicate to the driver where you are going and if you will be transferring. If you have any questions that is the best time to ask the driver if possible.
We accept cash, tokens or monthly passes. You can purchase Passes, Tokens and obtain Half-Fare cards at the PTBA Office, Lewiston Transit or the Lewiston Community Center. Passes and tokens may also be purchased at Wasem’s Drug. You can also call the PTBA office at 509.758.3567 or the Lewiston Transit office at 208.298.1340 if you have any questions or need help finding the stop closest to you.
If you are along the route and there is no stop close by you can flag (wave both arms) the bus to have it stop for you. If the driver deems it safe they will stop or they might have you move one way or the other to a spot that is even more safe.
Check out our new app RouteShout 2.0 is will even show you where the bus is in real time!
Operators are responsible for enforcing passenger rules which are intended for the passengers’ safety, comfort and convenience:
- Please have your fare ready upon boarding. Please have exact fare, as drivers are unable to make change.
- Passengers are not permitted to vandalize transit property. Breaking, tearing, scratching, or otherwise marking transit property with graffiti will not be permitted by the operator.
- Smoking is prohibited on all public transportation vehicles and/or within 30′ of a vehicle.
- Eating and drinking on the bus are strictly prohibited. No open container or unwrapped food item is allowed on the bus.
- Headphones are required when playing radios and other audible devices.
- Although standees are allowed when no seats are available, Federal regulations prohibit the operation of any bus with a passenger standing ahead of the white or yellow line.
- Passengers shall refrain from excessive noise, changing seats constantly, throwing objects, fighting, sticking any part of their body or any object out the windows, lewd behavior and speech, or other unsafe or objectionable behavior.
- Service animals are welcome aboard the bus without prior arrangements, remain in control of its owner, and near its owner (on the floor without blocking the aisle and/or in the owner’s lap).
- Other animals may be permitted to accompany passengers only in an enclosed carrier and transported by the passenger without assistance from the driver or lift and without blocking the aisle.
- Articles which may be dangerous, cause discomfort, or be offensive to passengers because of their size or the nature of their contents, shall not be permitted on the bus at anytime. Examples are gasoline and automotive (wet) batteries.
- Ordinary hand baggage, small packages and articles which can be carried without inconvenience or hazard to other passengers may be taken on the bus by their owners. Such articles shall not be placed or permitted to remain where they will interfere with an entrance or exit, the wheelchair securement area, the aisle, the operator’s vision, or any mechanism of the bus.
- Operators are not permitted to accept unaccompanied transportation for any package, baggage, letter, etc., unless directed to do so by dispatch.
- Passengers may not place advertisements, notices, or signs on the buses, inside or outside. Nor may they remove or deface those placed on the buses.
- No person may solicit actions or the sale of goods (sign something or purchase something on the bus).