Operators are responsible for enforcing passenger rules which are intended for the passengers’ safety, comfort, and convenience:
- Passengers must pay a proper fare.
- Passengers must not be permitted to vandalize transit property. Breaking, tearing, scratching, or otherwise marking transit property with graffiti will not be permitted by the operator.
- Smoking is not allowed on any bus at any time.
- Eating and drinking on the bus are strictly prohibited. No open container or unwrapped food item is allowed on the bus.
- No playing of radios/tape players/televisions is allowed on the bus, except when using headphones.
- Federal regulations prohibit the operation of any bus with a passenger standing ahead of the white or yellow line.
- No passenger may be allowed to disturb other passengers.
- Passengers must refrain from excessive noise, changing seats constantly, throwing objects, fighting, sticking any part of their body or any object out the windows, lewd behavior and speech, or other unsafe or objectionable behavior. Anyone performing unsafe or objectionable behavior will be given one warning to stop and if the individual doesn’t stop, the driver will pull over at safest nearby location and require the individual to leave the bus. If the individual does not leave, the police will be called to remove the individual, and if the behavior continues in future trips, the individual will be revoked from using the bus in subsequently longer periods: 2 weeks, then 3 months, then 1 year.
- Trained service animals shall be permitted to accompany persons with disabilities.
- Non-service animals may be permitted to accompany passengers only in an approved enclosed carrier and transported by the passenger without assistance from the driver or lift and without blocking the aisle.
- Articles which may be dangerous, cause discomfort, or be offensive to passengers because of their size or the nature of their contents, shall not be permitted on the bus at anytime. Examples are gasoline and automotive (wet) batteries.
- Ordinary hand baggage, small packages and articles which can be carried without inconvenience or hazard to other passengers may be taken on the bus by their owners. Such articles shall not be placed or permitted to remain where they will interfere with an entrance or exit, the free use of the aisle, the operator’s vision, or any mechanism of the bus.
- Operators are not permitted to accept unaccompanied transportation for any package, baggage, letter, etc., unless directed to do so by dispatch.
- Passengers may not place advertisements, notices, or signs on the buses, inside or outside. Nor may they remove or deface those placed on the buses.
- No person may solicit actions or the sale of goods (sign something or purchase something on the bus).