We take our rider’s and driver’s health seriously and will remain open as long as we feel risk to exposure of the virus is not great. Social distancing measures are being taken on each bus to ensure individuals remain 6 ft. apart, including roping off every other isle of seats and discouraged loitering around the driver and front of the bus. Please understand if you can no longer sit in your favorite seat.
To ensure the safety of our riders, we are doing the following in response to the Coronavirus threat.
- Placing hand sanitizer dispensers on nearly all Lewiston Transit and Asotin County PTBA buses for our riders and drivers to use.
- Completely sanitizing all buses once daily, and all rider touch areas such as handrails, seats and pull chords wiped down multiple times a day.
- Posting signs on the buses encouraging riders to wash hands frequently, cover their mouths with a tissue when they sneeze or cough, and avoid others when they are sick.
- Encouraging riders to stay home and not board the buses if they exhibit cold and flu symptoms and have a fever.
- Regularly checking in with State and local health officials on the status of the spread of the virus to determine the impact it might have on our service.
To learn more about the virus in Idaho, please go to https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/. In Washington, please go to https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/Coronavirus. If you have any questions please contact us.